Investment Dynamics
Jilin Province Starts the Cancer Patient Rescue Fund
Date:2018/01/25 14:13:00 Author: Source:

In order to help the province’s action of tackling tough in getting rid of poverty and effectively help the province’s impoverished cancer patients to get effective treatment, on the morning of January 17, the provincial cancer hospital worked together with the provincial charity federation and third-party donor agencies to jointly launch the cancer patient rescue fund. From now on, patients suffering from more than 20 types of cancer diseases such as lung cancer and stomach cancer will be exempted from the treatment fee.

 

The rescue objects include urban and rural families receiving basic living allowances, the five guarantees in rural areas and accurate poverty alleviation targets in rural areas. The rescue diseases and treatments include lung cancer, stomach cancer, liver cancer, esophagus cancer,colon cancer, rectum cancer, breast cancer, cervix cancer, thyroid cancer, ovary cancer, lymphoma, bladder cancer, kidney cancer, endometrium cancer, nasopharynx cancer, laryngeal cancer, pancreatic cancer, chronic myeloid leukemia,leukemia, intracranial tumor and other diseases and surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy treatment as well as targeted therapy for lung cancer, breast cancer, lymphoma and colorectal cancer. The specific rescue policy is asking the newly-established provincial charity federation and the provincial cancer hospital’s impoverished cancer patient rescue fund to pay 60% of the remaining part of within-policy medical expenses after reimbursement by various policies such as the new rural cooperative medical insurance, medical insurance, civil relief and serious illness insurance and the hospital to reduce and remit the rest 40%. In addition, medical expenses outside the directory must be subject to patients' consent and paid by the patients. Pay within-policy medical expenses for rescue objects in advance according to the circumstances.

 

The specific rescue procedure is as follows. Patients eligible to meet the rescue conditions, after diagnosis, fill in the provincial charity federation and the provincial cancer hospital’s impoverished cancer patient rescue fund application form, patients enjoying the new rural cooperative medical insurance and urban basic living allowances handle corresponding referral procedures, rescue objects holding their referral procedures, ID cards, permanent residence booklets, new rural cooperative medical insurance certificates (or medical insurance certificates), application approval form, basic living allowance certificates, accurate poverty alleviation object certificates and other relevant materials come to the provincial cancer hospital’s impoverished cancer patient rescue fund for preliminary examination, and patients can accept rescue treatment in the provincial cancer hospital after approved by the provincial charity association in accordance with the relevant regulations

 

The provincial cancer hospital President Cheng Ying said the rescue project will greatly reduce the financial burden of poor cancer patients, allow them to be able to afford medical treatment and get effective treatment, reduce the occurrence of getting and returning poverty due to diseases and better boost the province’s action of tackling tough in getting rid of poverty.

 

 

 

HomeContact Us   All rights reserved: Jilin Provincial Investment Promotion Website   Privacy Statement   Record No.: JICPB No.10003975 Total visits: